Tuesday, March 1, 2011

People united

will never be divided.

Aw, shucks, I just don't have the protester spirit in me today.
I'm feeling defeated.  
Bob told me I was obsessed with the crap at the Capitol.
(Crap at the Capitol - if I were a writing person, I'd pen a musical to that title)
Anyway, he's right.
I even admitted it here.
So, I've taken a step back and reflected on it all.
And I'm deflated.

The budget came out today.
It's bad.
B.A.D.

For the first time in my life, I'm considering moving out of state.
I don't know what that would look like or where we would go, but
slashing $900,000 million
(yes, that's just shy of $1 billion)
from EDUCATION, of all things, 
makes me rethink Wisconsin as the place where I want to raise my kids.

How in the f#$% is it that people think the key to a strong state,
a vibrant, stable, strong economy,
is to cut nearly a billion dollars out of our education budget?
Makes me so mad I want to cry.

In fact, I am.

In other news.....
ah, shit.
what other news is there?

2 comments:

  1. oh man. I hadn't had a chance to watch the news yet. :( so depressing.
    I have enjoyed all of your reports on the protests and situation. It really moved you and I appreciated you sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can still vote against it. but I hear you--it's damn scary and I'm shaking my head trying to fathom the sense behind any of this mess. This politically motivated MESS.

    ReplyDelete