Friday, September 21, 2012

musings from my sick bed

I have been sick all week.  Started on Sunday with a sore throat and quickly progressed to a fever, cough, and body aches.  I didn't do the wise thing and take care of myself.  Instead, I opted to work (12 hours on Monday, 8 on Tuesday, and 6 on Wednesday).  In addition, I had other commitments, namely 3 well child checks (for my 3 healthy boys) as well as a back-to-school night at the Middle School which I was NOT going to miss.  And I didn't.  By Wednesday night, I collapsed in my bed, clutching my bottle Nyquil, and I've been mainly horizontal since.

Some thoughts:

1.  The 2 am "booster dose" of Nyquil makes waking up at 5:45 am very, very hard.

2.  My boys can be incredibly sweet.

3.  Middle school is awesome!  Teachers are great and committed and interesting.  The school has a no tolerance bullying policy which makes it (so far) as safe community.

4.  There can be too much viewing of Real Housewives.  I think I may have done permanent brain damage.

5.  My house has definitely become the house to hang out.  After school today, 4 extra children have migrated over here, which brings the grand total to 7 boys.  This makes me so happy.

I'm exhausted.  Back to horizontal.

No comments:

Post a Comment