Monday, March 28, 2011

from fuzzy teeth to Grover Cleveland

I'm so tired of feeling cold.  The Wisconsin winter has settled into my bones.  My fingers have been ice-cold for, what?, 5 months now?  By the end of the night, I put my hands under my butt while laying in bed to finally warm them up.

I met with one of my favorite people today.  Sadly, she was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.  She is an amazing and inspirational woman, even though she feels pretty low these days.  I am so sad for her, and I was relieved to see her today and offer my support in person.

I also hauled all three boys to the dentist this afternoon.  3 boys and *only* 1 cavity between all of them, though many references to "fuzzy" teeth.  Ewww.  Gross.

Two has recently become an aficionado of the presidents ("of the United States" he always adds).  He loves to rattle off the order of the presidents.  Second president?  James Adams.  17th president?  Andrew Johnson.  Grover Cleveland?  22 and 24th president.  This helps balance out his WWE obsession.

Bob and I came up with an allowance schedule over the weekend.  Briefly, we have expectations of the children (pick up their room, display good brother behavior, do homework without fuss, etc), and if they meet those expectations, we will give them their allowance, which we will save part of.  They will also have the opportunity to earn more money through extra jobs as they come up.  I like this plan.  I hope it works.

I am almost done with my laundry duties of the day.  I had 5 baskets to fold and put away.  I need to head upstairs now and wrap it up.  I am pretty tired of laundry.  Does anyone enjoy this chore?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hanging laundry up on the line, that is about it. Someday, right?? Maybe today, actually! I love that Two is so into the presidents (of the United States) and am impressed that he can remember all of that! We need to re-think allowances over here, too. Well, I hope you have a good day and your hands are toasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, SO over winter here, too.
    Good luck with the allowance plan. We are working strictly for pay these days--cash after each job gets completed and no grace money.
    Sorry about your friend. One of D's colleagues just got diagnosed with that, too. He's 40. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete