Tuesday, March 15, 2011

yawn...

very tired now.
home from a subversive action.
I LOVE A GOOD SUBVERSIVE ACTION.
briefly, a family friend (Uncle Hi - Mlark) and his partner were disappointed with the board of directors of the   local Audoban Society.
they orchestrated a (hostile) takeover of the board.
I became a member.
I attended their pre-board meeting gathering for a beer and some lively conversation.
I attended the meeting and rable-roused
(yelling out "why not?!" at one point in a particularly contentious moment)
in the end, I and 200 other folks wrote in the newly nominated board members.
we outnumbered the sitting (ducks) crowd by 2 to 1.
there was some confusion as to whether our votes will count, but that's for others to figure out.
I did my part.
now it's to those who are really invested in this to make the changes necessary.

I also threw in a little argument with my father about the current political climate.
we struck a strange but doable deal.
he agreed to watch 25 minutes of Michael Moore's speech 
with.an.open.mind.
I agreed to attend church and "say hi to Jesus".
I'll hold up my bargain, and
I *hope* he will too.

Off to sleep.
More to say, 
but
not
now

1 comment:

  1. Atta girl! Way to take on the "man."
    I'm biding my time for my friendly takeover of the local school board...

    ReplyDelete