Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 20

Today my baby turned 5.
We had a fun party at Pump It Up (or, Pump It Out, as I overheard Bob said - hee hee)
I'm happy to (mostly) still be in charge of the invite list, so I can make sure my people are there too.
I have such nice people.

I remembered at 7 pm that I still needed to bake brownies for the birthday boys' class tomorrow.
I was thankful to remember it at 7pm and not 10 pm,
or, even worse, 7 am tomorrow.

Friday night's shindig with some lady friends was very fun.
We developed a plan that sounded better after a few beers and in the cloak of darkness.
It includes going to a Hookah Bar and not wearing underwear - 
not necessarily at the same time.

We missed the International Dinner at school yesterday because Mr Birthday Boy was running a fever.
Instead, we stayed at home, had a fire in the firepit, raked the yard, talked with neighbors.
Sat on the front porch - which hasn't been done for 5 months.
I shuttled 4 bikes over to the nearby bike shop for tune ups.
Three got brand new training wheels on his beat-up old bike.
Bob changed the storm door to the screen in the front.
Spring is here.

Brownies are done.
I am tired.
Off 
to
relax.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! bummer about the sick kid--but nice to visit the neighbors. I was just thinking about getting our bikes in to the bike shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sitting on porches. and screen doors. lucky. ;)

    ReplyDelete