Saturday, February 26, 2011

What's disgusting?

Union Busting!

I posted this idea on facebook, and the more I think about it, the more right it feels.

Going down to the protests are akin to what I guess folks who seek out those tent revivals in the south are doing.  It's like going to church.  I feel so full of hope when I'm there.  I see folks who share basically my belief system.  I don't agree with everything I see or hear, but generally, we all seem to be coming from the same place, working toward the same goal.  My spirit is lifted.  I have a renewal in faith of the human spirit.  I run into friends and family members, and there is such joy in hugging, chanting, singing together.  

I've never felt this spiritually in touch when in a church, but I get it here.  And it's good.  I feel the spirit in ways my friends/family who attend church regularly must.  

So, we plan to head back down there today. 

Last night, we had 3 of our favorite little friends spend the night.  We take the winter sleepover, and their parents take the summer sleepover.  This tradition just sort of started, what, 2 or 3 years ago?  I forget how or when exactly, but it's something we all look forward to.  The six kids don't see each other so much anymore now that they are school-aged (they live in a nearby town but different school district), but they all seem to enjoy each others' company.  It's a nice blend of ages and genders.

Bob and I are sorting through how we are going to accomplish today.  We are a bit worried about the 2 littlest, as the are little and a bit sick.  There's talk about dividing and concurring -- having one of us take the 2 little ones to the children's museum while the other marches up State Street with the big kids and the throngs.  I expect a bit of resistance from the kids to this plan.  Although they enjoy it when they are there, I won't lie.  There is some grumbling about going.  I am fully prepared to bribe. 

In other news (other news?  what's that?), I have a job interview with my old department next week.  You may remember I had a phone interview for a job a couple of weeks ago.  Turns out that job offered much lower pay than what I'm currently receiving, as well as no benefits.  Did I already tell you that?  No thanks, I said.  Now I have this interview lined up.  Unfortunately, it looks like it's only for a full time job, which is not what I want.  I'm hoping this will parlay somehow into a permanent gig at my current place.

Uh oh, the grumbling has started...

1 comment:

  1. I would like to spend the night at the Capitol. Please see my request in the comment section of one of your posts below. Anon

    ReplyDelete