Friday, February 18, 2011

energized

I had weird, anxious energy yesterday morning at work.
I was worried about the protests going on downtown.
I worried that it wasn't enough to make a change,
that it would just end up pissing off (more) conservatives,
that it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

And then I heard that the democratic senators left the capitol
Left The State
to avoid being bullied into voting over this bill.
I also heard that the YMCA is offering free childcare for folks (like me) who need it while school is out.

My anxiety started to settle.

And then, late afternoon, I took the boys up to the capitol.
If they are missing (three, now) days of school for this, I wanted them to see what was happening.
(instead of spending all day in the basement playing the wii - sigh)
It was amazing.
Energizing.
Thrilling.

20,000+ people, chanting, shouting, banging on drums, yelling
all united for one cause.

Kill The Bill.




I was proud to be a part of it.
I was proud to be an American.  
A Wisconsinite.  
A Madisonian.
I was proud to hug our teachers.
I was proud to stop by our (absent, on the lam) senator's office and give moral support.
I was proud to see One get energized by it.

I head out today for my girls weekend.
Bob plans to take the boys back for more protests.

Power to the people!

1 comment:

  1. I felt THRILLED when I heard of the senators on the lam! Power to the people, indeed!

    ReplyDelete