Tuesday, February 8, 2011

drei men

I'm in the mood to blog but I don't really have an agenda.
Does that ever happen to you?

I am happy today.
With my new schedule, Tuesdays are now my long day at work (9 1/2 hours today, thankyouverymuch).
I like it there, and I think they like me.
I was in a staff meeting today and added some good comments and made people laugh a little too.
It's so nice to be a professional again in the world.

Sorry, are you tired of hearing me go on and on about this?  

It's also so nice to come home and be a MOM.
I got lots of hugs and "I love you mom"s and even had a battle or two with an unruly youngster tonight.
They are all teeth-brushed and tucked-in now and most likely snoozing away.

I got a great email from my bro.
I love him and I love his perspective.
I'd love to share at least part of the email to spread the good word.  
(Do I have your permission, Mlark?)
(I've called him Mlark for a long time.  can't remember when or why, but I like it.)
(by the way, Mlark, you now show up on my stats as "Palestinian Territories".  Makes me so happy.)

I am looking forward to the weekend. 
Bob is up north with a bunch of guys from work. 
We plan to ignore the rules while he's gone.
which is kind of funny, because I probably lay down more laws than he does.
I'm not sure what we'll do, but I anticipate having 3 boys in my bed* each night.
Plus the dog.

Then?  Next weekend?
I go up north with a bunch of girlfriends for a girls' ski weekend.
I do not plan to ski.
I plan to knit or crochet. 
I plan to sleep in.
I plan to read my books.
I plan to stay up too late, laugh too hard, maybe drink a wee bit too much.
I cannot wait.

*Have you ever heard of the music group Trio?  They are this odd little German group from the 80's.  They are best known for the VW commercial a few years back that went "da da da".  If you were here, I'd sing it for you and you'd remember.  Anyhow, they have a song called Drei Man in Doublebed (or something like that - it's German for Three Men in a doublebed).  I think of that whenever I have my drei men in bed with me, but luckily, it's not a doublebed.  uh huh, uh huh, uh huh.

2 comments:

  1. SO glad to read that the balance of work and mom is working out well. I admit I'm a bit jealous--wish I could find another identity to satisfy part of me wanting to be more productive.
    A girl weekend! Joy!
    I always expect at least one boy in my bed when D's gone, too! Funny, isn't that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please go on as much as you'd like about work. I'm so glad you are enjoying it so much. I can see how that would feel really good. I'm so glad your brother is safe, too.

    And SO jealous of your girls weekend!! I love those and it will only be about 12 more months until I get one. :) (a baby free one, that is) Have super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete