Sunday, February 13, 2011

easy like Sunday morning

Quiet Sunday morning around here.
It's nice.
The sun is shining.
The roof is dripping.
The! snow! is! melting!
(It's 38 degrees!  ~~ heat wave~~)

I finished reading a book this morning.
I made all purpose household soap/laundry detergent yesterday.
We also went to the kids' school carnival.

I gave the kids a typewriter I bought for $5 at a garage sale a couple of years ago.
I was waiting for the right time to give it.
I think I made a good choice.
One is tap-tap-taping right now.
There have been some silly stories written
(and some WWE-related stats, but I'm ignoring those).

One and Two took about 30 minutes yesterday to learn some basics on the piano.
This was done in an effort to earn back the video games that had previously been taken away due to bad brother behavior.
But still.
I don't care if it was under duress.
I loved watching them work together and separately.
And later, Two asked if he could play the piano anytime he wanted.
He also asked if it would ever been taken away (as punishment).
I said, "as long as you don't use it like a weapon, you will not lose the piano."
I realize I laid down the gauntlet.
It is only a matter of time before he will find a way to use it like a weapon.

I got the valentine hearts Stephanie made me buy.
I am awaiting inspiration to use them.

I also just downloaded skype, so I'm all ready for across the ocean conversation.

Hope your Sunday morning is nice and easy too.

1 comment:

  1. Will you send me the naturla soap and detergent recipes that you use? Natural soap and detergent so far is hard to find here. Anon

    ReplyDelete