Wednesday, February 9, 2011

valentines fun

oh.  I just got an email regarding a 1/2 time social work job I applied for a few weeks ago.  I had kind of written it off, but now they are looking to do a phone interview (really?  I can't meet you in person?).  This has sort of rattled me.  I would love to stay where I am, but so far, it's still a provisional position (= no benefits, which totally and completely sucks, if I can be frank).  So, I suppose I'll do the phone interview and see what happens.

I'm nervous now.

But, I originally stopped by here to record a funny little conversation with Three and me earlier today.  We've been slugging through the homemade valentines for his class and 8 billion teachers (truly, only 6, but really?  6 teachers?  Isn't that a bit much that he is to give valentines to the 2 main teachers, the 1 student teacher, and the 3 afterschool teachers he sees a grand total of 5 minutes/day?). 

I keep getting distracted from my point.  So, here goes...

Three -- "mom, when I first saw A (a girl), I thought she was hot.  But then I met M (a new girl) and I didn't think A was hot anymore.  M is hot!"

Me -- stunned look.  after a pause, "What do you mean by hot?", asked in a slightly frightened way.

Three -- "Mom.  When a boy says a girl is HOT it means she's CUTE.  OK?"

I told him to stop talking and just get to work on his valentines. 

I blame the Catholic church and all of this excessive valentine business on my son's newfound sexuality.






(just kidding)


3 comments:

  1. Oh no! My middle has begun saying "Sexy." I'm trying to make him stop!
    Good luck--you cannot have too much interview experience, even if you find that job isn't a good fit for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just learning how to post a comment...if i can't do this, maybe Bob and Eric should take the kids for a sleepover and we can play all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it worked!!! now will you know how to tell me apart from A!

    ReplyDelete