Thursday, October 15, 2009

blah


It's a gloomy, rainy week around here. Not much happening out of the ordinary -- school for the guys, speech and Birch's class for Enzo, yahtzee at night, meals that the children like to varying degrees (but usually closer to the DISlike end of the spectrum - grr). So, I thought I'd recall a lovely summer evening from a couple of months ago. And then I realized that I don't really want to do that. Kind of a lot of effort for me on this lazy, rainy day.

Instead, I'll get on with my day -- taking Enzo to speech and volunteering in Finn's class for Math time (which I love love love - he cuddles in my lap like a little puppy), visiting Grandma O, maybe little bit of shopping (it's my birthday, so I kind of want to splurge on a new sweater or purse or something like that). Maybe Enzo and I will get a bite of lunch out somewhere together. This evening, I think Alex will have football practice in the rain (they are HARDCORE!) and I get to go to my bunco group, which is always a fun evening.

In completely trivial news, I'm a little bummed because I got my netflix queue a little out of order, and I was hoping for another installment of Weeds but instead got The Big Lebowski. But I'm a strong person. I can overcome this!

1 comment:

  1. And yet, in some strange way the cosmic balance is maintained. You see, CTTM, last night I randomly ran across an episode of Weeds on the tv. I knew you were a fan, so I decided to stay on the station. (I was writing emails at the same time, so I was not 100% focused on the show, but what I paid attention to was entertaining.) Hope you ran across a few glints of sunshine on your otherwise gloomy birthday. In other news, I cannot stop listening to Orchestra Baobab. It's nothing revoluntionary--Afro Pop with a Latin twist--but it offers a great blend of familiarity and originality, and I can't get enough of it. Check them out if you get a chance...

    ReplyDelete