Sunday, October 25, 2009

the funk is starting to lift

I've been in a funk for most of this month. I've decided that October is just a hard month for me, and THIS October, in particular, has been "wooper" (to quote Enzo) hard. I'm sure our lousy weather contributes to my blue mood. I hit bottom on Saturday and kind of fell apart. Bob swooped in and gently suggested I head out for some alone time, which I gratefully took him up on.

I spent a few hours of Saturday afternoon at Borders, which is such a luxury it's silly. I rarely buy books, but to leisurely browse thru a book store without a little person distracting me was just SO what I needed. I actually did buy a couple of books (primarily because I had some in-store credit to use up), but more importantly, I was able to re-center. I came back home in a much better frame of mind, and, fortunately, today my mood was better.

I suppose it's good to nurse old wounds. To find strength in broken places. To honor some old emotional scars. But it's also good to be in a sunnier place.

No comments:

Post a Comment