Tuesday, October 13, 2009

some days are harder than others

and it's only 8:40 am. Without getting into the nitty gritty details, this morning was a rough one. Lot's of emotions flying around. I'm pleased to note that we all left each other in a good spot -- with our secret hand squeezes goodbye and even a quick "I love you". Whew.

After successfully getting "the guys" off to their schools (technically, Alex to the bus stop, Finn to school), Enzo, Dash and I continued on our routine to check out the "worker guys" who have been working on a street a couple of blocks down from the school. The worker guys are almost done, and it will be a sad little day for us when we can no longer check their progress. Our "worker guy friend" told us their next project is way on the east side -- too far to check out on our walk back from school.

Oh! I forgot this part! The number 6 fire truck (our neighborhood station) was in front of school this morning! Zo and I saw it in front of Woodmans yesterday -- and now today! In front of school! I'm pretty sure they were there for some fire safety thing, as everyone seemed quite casual and relaxed. As we were standing outside talking about the truck, a firefighter rang the bell for us. So, worker guys AND fire fighters all in one morning! Life couldn't get sweeter than this!

This crisp, autumn air must be good for bunny smells because Dash was sure on some trail all the way to and from school. For the record, he's been a good little doggie lately. I think we finally have our routine down and he's getting it (meaning, not using the house as his toilet). Not the brightest dog in the world, that one.

Off to the rest of my day, which is not particularly exciting but that's ok too. I think I have enough excitement this morning already.

2 comments:

  1. Who developed your secret hand squeeze? How hard was it for it to be developed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, ms. anonymous, first of all, I know who you are. And you win the prize for being the first (and only!) reader of this lonely little blog. so... the secret handshakes were developed firstly by Alex and me. He (ahem) didn't want a big display of affection at school when saying goodbye, so we decided to do a little squeeze thing (a certain amount of squeeze for a certain amount of words - the specifics, unfortunately, I cannot share). When Finn started Kindergarten, he and I created HIS secret squeezes, which are amazing similar to Alex's. So, sometimes this tired mama gets the squeezes confused, but I do love this tradition we've created. So there, this blog has given you a little glimpse into our world that I've never thought to share. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete