Monday, October 12, 2009

still alive

ok, so one thing I've learned here is that a blog is like a plant. If you ignore it, it just sort of dies a sad little death. I've ignored you, little blog. I thought with school resuming and life settling back down, I would spend more time with you. hmm, what happened? I will try to bring you back to life, little blog. I will!

So, let's recap the weekend, shall we? It was rather fun...

Friday night, I went out with a bunch of girlfriends. I have lots of groups of girlfriends, and I think (shhh, don't tell the others) that this is my favorite bunch of girlfriends. We celebrated a couple of birthdays -- ok, MINE -- at a great restaurant, and then we decided to take it to the next level. Live life on the edge. We went to a hookah bar and watched a belly dancer. And (shhh, don't tell my kids) we smoked a hookah. Anyway, it was a very fun night with a great group. Everyone needs great girlfriends, and I am the luckiest.

On Saturday it was freezing. Literally. Finn and Alex played flag football, and it was flurrying during Alex's game. Snow! On October 10! What is this??!! Brr. After I realized I just couldn't warm up after all of that outside time, I turned on the furnace at home. Bummer - I was planning to wait until November to turn it on, but then again, I was planning on average temps for October, also. Alex and I checked out the South Side Raiders tackle football team to think about next year's option. It was a bit intense, but Alex was not deterred by that. In fact, I think he was excited by all of the emotion. He surprises me, that one.

Sat night, we hired a babysitter (!!!) and had a date (!!!) with our good buddies Bill and Bob and Alan. We ate at Greenbush and went to a Baroque concert at Gates of Heaven. Just a wee bit different from the hookah/bellydancer experience from the night before, but I'm versatile, y'all!

Sunday was a nice and quiet day -- yahtzee (this will be known as the year of yahtzee for this family) topped off by family swim at the Princeton Club. Bob went to a book reading with a friend last night, while Enzo and I baked some cookies.

And here we are facing the week ahead. Looks like the cold is sticking around, so we'll be huddling inside. Playing Yahtzee.

No comments:

Post a Comment