Wednesday, October 21, 2009

what a day...

This morning, I was leisurely talking with Mary Beth, my sis-in-law, about Christmas present ideas for my kids. Enzo was climbing around the couch, and I had half an eye on him while I was chatting. He opened the window. I turned my back and the next time I turned around, he was gone. Missing from the room. Evidently, he pressed against the screen and fell out. Fortunately it's a first floor window and the drop was only a few feet. He seemed more surprised and mad than truly hurt.

Then, about 20 minutes later, I was on the computer -- same room as Enzo, same room as the aforementioned incident. He was back up on the back of that couch, climbing around. I wasn't paying much attention to him, and then I heard him cry out in pain. He was holding something up to me. What? What IS that? Looks like a little tooth. But, why would Enzo be holding a little tooth in his hand? (these are the thoughts that ran through my head) As I rushed over to him while the blood was streaming out of his mouth, I realized, indeed, it was one of his teeth. I figured out from him that he wrapped the cord from the window coverings around his tooth (??) and fell down, thus ripping his tooth from his skull. Fortunately, it was a clean extraction -- root and all came out -- so no need to head into the dentist today (ironically, the guys all have dentist appts tomorrow). The bleeding stopped fairly quickly, and, after a dose of tylenol for pain relief, he seems perfectly fine. That is, until he smiles and you see his gap.

And the beat goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment