Monday, January 31, 2011

joys and sorrows

head hurts.
back hurts.
throat is starting to hurt.
just realized this morning that the kids DO have school on Friday, despite my careful planning of working today (my typical day off) instead of Friday.
Getting more and more worried about my bro, given the unrest in Egypt. 

In short, not one of my finer days.

On the plus side,
I'm almost done with my first crochet project.
I am sort of looking forward to our little winter storm that's a brewin'.
One bought a decent sized table air hockey game at Target yesterday for $17 (post christmas sale, 75% off) which is currently living in our living room.  It has been a fun diversion.
I resumed my netflix viewing, and I'm enjoying season 3 of Californication (mindless fun).
I am made an easy supper (chicken noodle soup with chicken broth, veggies, egg noodles and shredded chicken) that the kids love.
Kids shoveled for me with little fuss.
I hear Three praying and singing God songs under his breath all the time now.  It's quite sweet.

Glad to see my plus list is longer than my complaints list, but if I put a little more effort into it, I'm sure I could complain some more.  Instead, I'll sign off.  Bob is home.  Thank goodness.

3 comments:

  1. You've convinced me to return to date night (from your previous post) and I hope you're feeling better! Can't wait to see/hear about your latest creation!

    Your Friend,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so dumb. I never made the connection about your brother. I hope you hear from him very soon. That would be so scary.

    There was more I wanted to say but can't right now. Have a good day...hope you're not sick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your brother is safe. Scary times over there.
    How nice when the kids shovel without fussing!

    ReplyDelete