Wednesday, January 12, 2011

things I want to make

1.  tonic, to replicate a most delicious gin and tonic served at the Underground Kitchen

2.  soap.  I went to a friend's house last week to get a brief tutorial about essential oils (she's an herbologist, or something like that).  I am now in possession of 3 lbs of very lovely essential  oils (lavender, lemongrass, and atlas cedarwood), and I can't wait to play with different types of soap, including (drum roll) shampoo and laundry detergent!  


3.  a knitted neck-warmer thing, or a scarf, or something knitted, since I haven't done any knitting in a year.  Yeesh.  That's bad.


4.  granola, inspired by Stephanie


5.  love.  HAHAHA!  Oh, I'm soooo funny.




*************


Three just came up to me and asked for something to eat.  I offered him dinner, which is white chicken chili.  Sounds good, no?  He said, "no!  can't I just spend my money and get a hot dog?"  Where exactly does he think we live that he can just go out and buy a hotdog?  This boy is a misplaced New Yorker through and through.

3 comments:

  1. So, have you made anything on that awesome list yet?

    OH wait. Don't tell me!!! ;)

    I totally want to go that Underground place.

    I really like reading about your life, it seems to be really full of cool stuff and people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...a gin and tonic. that sounds really nice.
    I've got kids who are the same way--they always want to eat what we haven't got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to talk to hubby about some of these things, or at least make him read what you posted!

    ReplyDelete