Thursday, March 25, 2010

randomness

Today, I went to the third doctor's appointment of the week and felt thankful (again) that we have decent insurance. Briefly, on Monday, One had a physical therapy appt for his previously dislocated shoulder. This was a new PT to us (we switched to sports medicine, which was a smart recommendation from a friend) and we liked the information and advice he shared with us, thankyouverymuch. Yesterday, Three had a well-child check, with turning four and all, and he did so well. First appointment in his little life where he did not scream during the entire time. Maturing is a good thing. Got the "news" that he's a happy, robust little boy. They inquired about his speech (after me needing to translate most of what he said), and they were glad to hear he's receiving services.

Today, I went to PT for my bum knee. In this case, however, maturing is maybe not such a good thing. The PT thinks it's a good bet that I have a torn meniscus, which is only fixed with surgery. I walked away with a handful of exercises to do in the hope that this may get me good enough. I was happy to hear that riding a bike is not only allowed, but recommended. I have been most concerned about not being able to ride around with my boys this summer. I just hopped off the exercise bike in the basement and completed the rest of my exercises. Felt good to sweat again, after taking a break from any real excursion for the past week or so.

With all of these doctor's appointments, Three and I have been playing doctor a lot. He's giving me such sage advice as to make sure to feed my baby (who had a fever) lots of french fries. HA!

Also this morning, I indulged in one of my current guilty pleasures -- watching Survivor online while snuggled on the couch with Three. He announces "good guys" and "bad guys" when the different teams are shown. He is rooting for the good guys. I am rooting simply for Boston Rob.

I am currently resisting the urge to eat a cookie. It helps that there aren't any cookies in the house.

Next week is Spring Break. Actually, it starts tomorrow with early release at (egads!) 10:45 am. What is up with the 10:45 am end time anyways?! I keep forgetting it's an early release day, and then one of the kids reminds me and I gasp in horror. I have no good plans and am a little worried.

I will end here, as this post is even boring ME.

4 comments:

  1. This didn't bore me at all. ;) This post reminded me that I TOTALLY forgot to tell you how glad I was to hear that everything was good with your mammogram. I am so sorry. That was wonderful news. Okay, no time now but there was more I might come back to write later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not boring. Enjoyed it! We have early release tomorrow too; however our is late (12:30) compared to yours! btw - I am planning a Wednesday Milwaukee zoo trip.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie - no need to apologize. All good news, as far as the boobs go. :)
    Jane 1024! -hey friend! I totally have the urge to go to the Milw zoo, but we are going to be in the dells for a couple of days next week. Are we still on for a summer zoo trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer trip sounds like a plan!

    ReplyDelete