Wednesday, March 10, 2010

medical minute

quick update:

Had mammogram #2 today and all is well. I'm back to annual checks. As my dad said, time for lots of prayers for thanksgiving.

Took One to PT yesterday for his shoulder. We heard frustrating news, and I'm trying to balance out what we WANT to hear with what is true. The PT, who was friendly enough, gave conflicting opinions about how restrictive to be with activity (and, of course, One wants to be less restrictive, especially since he feels completely FINE now). Mulling over what to do. Maybe a second opinion?

Three fell while trying to scooter yesterday (being taught by One, in a very sweet brother moment). He came in crying with a little scrap on his hand. He seemed fine after hugs and kisses and a bandaid. And then later, as I was rubbing his head in a moment of motherly affection, I found a huge goose egg on his forehead. Poor baby.

And in other news, I am reading High On Arrival by Mackenzie Phillips, and I am totally gripped by her story. It's good to read when you think you're having a I'm-not-a-great-parent day, because, trust me, NOTHING we do can compare to how John Phillips "parented" his children. I am very impressed by Mackenzie's honesty and insight. It's a good, quick read.

1 comment:

  1. Very glad to hear that mammogram #2 was clear. But I think you and dad are confused. It's almost time for Easter, not Thanksgiving. In other news, E. Badu will release Amerikah pt. 2 on March 31...

    ReplyDelete