Monday, March 1, 2010

dash's birthday, etc.

I just discovered Pandora internet radio. I'm so hip. I'm so hip I'm hep (which is originally what I typed).

I'm jealous of my brother's trip to Kenya last month. Mark - LOVED the photos. Gorgeous and lush. That coffee tree blows my mind. I keep slideshowing the pix.

Kids are happily playing some war game. I just overheard One say to Two, "c'mon, I'll upgrade your weapon," while three was following behind, chanting some a tribunal war cry.

I just typed up the "parent/child night out" schedule. My parents did this for us kids when we were growing up (each month, one parent and one child goes out to eat -- kid picks), and I've been waiting for my kids to be old enough. Three probably is a bit too young, but it felt like time for One and Two. Bob and One went out Friday night and had a blast, and they expanded the concept a little by also doing a little bit of shopping and indoor miniature golf. Meanwhile, I snuggled at home with the two younger ones, watching Monsters, Inc, all three of us squeezed together under one blanket on the couch. It was a very sweet night.

We've been enjoying basketball on Saturday mornings (Two is in a March Mania tournament at the YMCA). It's a nice new routine. It's getting us back in shape for our Saturday mornings on the football field, which will resume in April. April! Just around the corner!

Sun is shining. Snow is melting. Good day all around. Oh, and it's the first anniversary of getting Dash, so we've dubbed it his birthday. He made it a year! I have hope he'll be with us for a long while.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great list of happy things! I like the idea of kid dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, me too! (RE kid dates) I love pandora. so convenient!

    ReplyDelete