Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I have no good title today. Nothing.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I need to tell you that One has been a delightful child lately. Voluntarily picking up a completely trashed basement, helping his brothers (including making scrambled eggs for them for snacks), getting up early and happily, doing homework without nagging, skipping off to the bus in good humor. And I think, "what was I so troubled over a couple of weeks ago?" Ah, the ups and downs of motherhood.

Which brings me to this you tube video a friend emailed me. I started off watching, cynically planning to give it a minute and then shut it down. I ended up viewing the whole then, and then having a good ol' cry afterwards. It's what we mothers all know, but her words and the pictures that accompany them sure got to me.

4 comments:

  1. I have been putting off watching that little video. I read the book the weekend before last and honestly felt like the biggest gift was that it was FINALLY over. I know that sounds awful but she seemed to say the same thing, over and over, in lots of different ways...but the same thing. I loved her voice and liked her family but MY GOSH. Okay, rant over. :) I will watch it this wknd when my kids are gone and just let myself wail. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on her book. I was kind of interested in checking it out, but I believe what you wrote is true, since the video kind of repeated itself. You are funny today! "Biggest gift that it was finally over". hardee har har.

    OK, weird, now I'm commenting anonymously on my OWN blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't get the video to work, but I am pleased to read life is happy there with your boy and you:)

    ReplyDelete