Monday, February 22, 2010

hiding out

Monday afternoon play date going on here. This is day three of playdates chez mooncrawl. I normally like having friends over and playing, but I'm getting a little weary of it. Maybe that's because it's just a little too sloppy to be out for long, so all of the chaos is inside. Plus, these have been sibling playdates, which means more kids. Which means more personalities. Which means, of course, more chances for bickering and, joy of joys, tears. So far, no tears today (yet).
The weekend was very nice. As I mentioned in paragraph number one (see above), we had two marathon playdates. One look at our basement and you can tell. I started to talk about the mess down there to One, and he immediately said, "I'll pick it up tonight, mom." Good for you, One. It is a MESS.

We found a new (to us) sledding hill on Saturday a mile or so away. It was very fast and precarious, full of tree obstacles and a road at the bottom. The kids loved it. I was quite stressed out, though I did enjoy all of the giggling that accompanied the sledding/snowball fights.

Bob and I did have that date out on Saturday night. I'm quite enjoying the fact that we have kids old enough to leave with babysitters, and the two sitters we use in the neighborhood are very sweet girls. We went to a yummy dinner and then out to a movie. Up In The Air. Kind of a bust. What's the big deal with that movie anyways? I really don't get it. I mean, George Clooney is adorable and all, but really?

One went to a b'day party for a couple of hours on Sunday morning, and I got the job of taking him there. Which means I went to Barnes and Noble during that time to browse books. Such a luxury!!! If I were the type to buy books, I'd totally buy what I was reading. High On Arrival by Mackenzie Phillips. Fascinating dysfunction. I do have my name on the list at the library for it, but I bet I wait close to a year. I'm quite taken by her story over at Celebrity Rehab.

Look at me, hyperlinking like a pro.

Off to manage this chaos. I am laughing at the costumes they have put together. I'll try to take a picture or two.

3 comments:

  1. I love Celeb Rehab!! Love it. Love Dr. Drew. What a kind man. (if you like him too, we can share him and Boston Rob.) :)

    I just added that book to my hold list.

    Up in the Air depressed me but I did like it. I can't remember what I really liked about it right now, though, so it obviously didn't stay with me. That woman was awful. I'm glad you had a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright, we definitely need to process CR. I don't know anyone else who watches it, and I have a lot to talk about in this season. I like Dr Drew too, but I'll take Boston Rob. You can have Drew. :)

    That book? Soooo interesting. But then again, I do love a good story about family dysfunction to sink my teeth into. I called my mom yesterday and thanked her for the normal childhood she gave me.

    I'll email you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, do so! I love that show, too.

    I'm not sure I can give up on Rob just like that. We might have to have a Boston Rob challenge.

    ReplyDelete