Monday, November 23, 2009

chicago weekend

So, on Saturday Alex turned 9 (!!!), and we decided to head down to Chicago for the day. First, we stopped at Dave and Busters. I decided that that place is pretty much my idea of hell, but the boys love it (sigh). So I endured, barely, and then MY idea of fun started.

We walked down to Michigan Ave to check out the Festival of Lights festival, or Millionaire Mile Lights Festival, or something like that. Parade, crowds, big city noise and excitement, ending in fireworks.

Enzo started off a little reluctant...
We finally convinced him to soldier on, and, when we got to Michigan Avenue, we bought light sabers from a street vendor. I normally shun these purchases (crappy toys from street vendors AND weapon-toys for my children), but I got caught up in the moment and actually RAN DOWN the street vendor to buy them. I also tried my best to argue down the price, but to no avail... Anyway, once armed, the boys were content to do battle up and down Michigan Avenue.
We were all so happy to be together there in downtown Chicago, celebrating Alex's birthday.

We didn't make it to the fireworks. The parade was taking a looong time to make its way down Michigan Avenue, so we decided to turn around and head to the car. All in all, I think we walked about 3 miles, and Mr 3 year old walked about half of it. Suffice it to say, we were all tired by the time we got back to the car.
Alex declared it "one" of the best birthdays ever. I agree!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are adorable...happy belated birthday to Alex! Oh...you and I have the same winter jacket, too. :)

    Glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete