Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday evening

weird energy around here tonight.
people seem cranky, tired, on edge.
boys are playing basketball across the street
and Bob is trying to start a campfire (just smoke, for now).
I think we miss Three, who has been gone since Tuesday.
My parents took him b/c he has no school this week and I have work.
Miss him sooooooooo much, deeply deeply miss him
(but I will admit that the house is quieter and the workload easier and the pace is slower -
amazing what taking one out of the mix will do).

I was going to do a post about "how we beat the heat" earlier this week.
today I should do one about "how to stay warm in June."
Weird weather - record breaking high temps (mid 90's), followed by wild storms, followed by a temp of 56 degrees now.

In other news,
got our couch professionally cleaned and decided spur of the moment to clean our basement carpet and a dining room rug.
it all looks fabulous, which is good since it all cost over $500.
what's that, you say?
$500?!
yeah, I was a bit shocked too.  haven't yet told Bob that news yet.
shit.
also,
went to a "retreat" for work where there was the promise of an elvis impersonator.
instead, just got a (strange) rendition of Alfie, that song from The Titanic, and some "campfire"songs.
I was distracted all morning long by a co-worker who must have never worn a bra in her life because she looks like she has two grapefruit hanging in socks down to her waist.  It was the strangest thing I've ever seen.  Had a good laugh over it with another co-worker, and caused me to evaluate my own situation.
(I'm fine, I've decided - good enough support - but I recommend all of you women take a moment to consider this.  The grapefruit look?  NOT good.)

School is out tomorrow.
breasts are secured, right where they should be.
temps are cool.
couch is c-l-e-a-n.
and,
I get to see Three tomorrow, whom I miss more that ever (but I'm also kind of enjoying the peace and quiet of the week, can I say that twice without sounding awful?).

3 comments:

  1. You paint a scary picture with those grapefruit comments. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman needs support. 'Nuff said.
    Look at the $500 as an investment in your rugs and upholstery. Maintenance fees. I bet you spend that every couple years on your cars, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. not wrong to miss a kid but also relish the peace they leave in their wake. (says someone who LOVES to miss her kids a little.)

    I NEED NEW BRAS.

    ReplyDelete