Monday, May 16, 2011

may 16

more pictures I recently scanned - don't those little feet below the piano bench just kill you?

Quick day around here.  There is a crisis at work (not related to me at all) which has led to me going in the past 2 Mondays to help out.  Today I have to head over for just a couple of hours or so, but it's all good.  Mama needs a new pair of shoes.

(Actually, I have been bulking up my wardrobe with the whole work-thing.  I've been frugal and smart-shopping (I hope) because I don't want to be spending all my earnings on new clothes.  That's not the point of this working-gig.)

So, I've done some laundry, emptied the dishwasher, went to 2 grocery stores, and am now soon heading off to work.  And it's only 10:18 am.  I feel so accomplished!  Who said you get more done when you're busy?  It's that whole inertia thing.

Let's see... What did I want to discuss here.

Oh!  I've been trying a new parenting technique that I wanted to share - not because it's particularly brilliant or anything but because I wanted to record it to see if it makes a difference in the future.  For old struggles - not wanting to share or fighting or whatever - I've started saying, "That's not how we do things in this family.  In this family, we share with each other."  Not that I didn't give that opinion out before, but I'm specifically stating what our culture is here in our family.  I kind of like it.  I also kind of expect one of my kids to say, "Bullshit!*  We don't share!  I don't know what you're talking about!" but that hasn't come yet.  

In other news, I cannot stop listening to Paul Simon's new album.  I think I've gone on about it before here, but it's just so, so good.  His lyrics are so delicate and lovely.  There's a line on one song that reminds me of my grandma - "The light of her beauty is warm as a summer day."  

Off to work now.  I do like this new life of mine.  

Next post will be regarding football drama.

have a great day everyone!!!!!  :

*just an example.  None of my darlins' would ever say the word "bullshit".

1 comment:

  1. I like that, stating your family's culture. I need to do more of that. Who we ARE, not who we ARE NOT.

    ReplyDelete