Monday, November 1, 2010

miscellaneous Monday

What a great weekend - thanks for asking!  Here are some snapshots of our Friday activities....

We biked to the Kohl Center to go to one of our favorite little buddy's birthday party, which took place at the UW Women's Hockey game.


How cool is that?!


We then decided to bike on over to State Street to trick or treat with participating businesses.  Our costumes were, well, lacking, but we had the spirit!  Here my boys are posing with the hear no, see no, speak no evil monkeys:


And an extra picture of Three, because he is just so darn cute:
 Then home, to eat some dinner and carve pumpkins -- admittedly, one of my least favorite things to do.  However, know what I learned this year?  It's exciting!  It really is!  The kids are all old enough to scoop out the guts of the pumpkins.  Not only that, they enjoyed that!  Yeah for me!  My scooping days are over!  (almost as exciting as getting out of diapers)
 And the results of all of that scooping:


In other news, I just found out my brother and sis-in-law are moving to Palestine.  I am excited for them, though a teeny bit leery too.  However, I'm NOT going to miss this chance to visit, like I did when he was in the Peace Corps in Mali, W. Africa.  Hear that, Mark?  I'll come to see you, whether you like it or not!  (4 years?  really??)  (and the kids are all signed up for their Arabic foreign language classes, so they'll be ready to communicate with you)


As a side note, October is the month where I've personally experienced the most death.  I've been to more funerals in October than any other month, I'm sure of it.  Maybe it's because of that, but I've been having very interesting dreams lately where my dead beloveds (friends and family) visit me.  They seem more real than my other dreams, and there are some recurring themes.  I'd love to go to a psychic to explore this further.  I like these dreams, although they do leave me a bit shaken when I wake up.  


And lastly, I realized this afternoon that when a recipe calls for 3 cups of cooked rice, you don't need to use 3 cups of dry rice.  Doh!  Rice, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Great pumpkins!
    That's a lot of rice.
    Looks like it was a good Halloween in Mad-town.

    ReplyDelete