Thursday, October 28, 2010

october update

Hey reader(s),


Not much happening around here lately.  Or, maybe, not much noteworthy.  Or, maybe, not much that I'm inspired to remark upon.  


Got a new camera.  My old digital camera has been slowly falling apart, and it finally bit the dust this week.  It's amazing how much cameras have changed in 7 years - so many more features, so much cheaper.  Well, cheaper is a relative term...


We've been windy around here.  And cold.  Guess our summer truly is over.  (autumn too?)


Three cut his hair this week.  This is 2 weeks after he finally agreed to getting a real haircut.  His hair was so cute - little boy, short but those curls were still evident.  On Monday, he proudly came into the room I was in and announced, "look, Mom!  I cut my hair!" and sure enough - down to the scalp in several places.  I called a neighbor and borrowed his clippers, and now my sweet little 4 year old looks like a cancer survivor.  Or an army recruit.  It's shocking and, as One keeps saying, "it's just not right".  
Three - sporting the crew cut look
two - sporting the chocolate-below-the-lip look
One - sporting the bunny-ears-over-brothers'-heads look


Kids are off from school today and tomorrow.  We are heading to the Betty Brinn Children's Museum and Discovery World in downtown Milwaukee with another family.  Should be a fun day, if we don't get swept off of the highway in a wind gust.  We are also invited to a bonfire at Picnic Point tonight with a group from school, but I'm  not sure we'll make it there.  

Tomorrow we're going to one of our favorite little friends' birthday party at the Kohl Center.  She is having her party there during the UW women's hockey game.  Should be fun.


We are excitedly planning a trip to the east coast for the week of Thanksgiving.  We'll go to the NFL hall of fame in Canton, OH, to Baltimore to visit my brother and sis-in-law for a couple of nights, and then to NYC to stay with my cousin's girlfriend for 4 nights.  We're driving - inspired to do this thanks to our successful trip to Kentucky in September.  This time Bob is joining us.


Speaking of football, the kids' seasons are over - well, almost.  One's is done, and we went to a football banquet at the high school for the youth football program this week.  Two has a tournament on Saturday.  I have more to say about this, but not now.  It has been an interesting and frustrating year, and I need to compose my thoughts about it all.  (and then send those thoughts to the contact person at the YMCA)


Three and I had a sweet little visit with friends this week -- Jessica and baby Joe (though not a baby anymore, we can't stop calling him that).  Jessica is one of those friends who, although I don't see her all that often, I can pick up right from where we last left off, effortlessly. Those friendships are especially sweet to me -- as is Jessica.  


OK, off to manage the troops.  They seem cranky.  Or maybe I'm cranky.  Good times!


playing with the new camera

3 comments:

  1. I like the new picture for your masthead.

    Three looks cute, no matter what. But that haircut is incongruous to your family, somehow. :) The 3 boys together looks just like fun!

    Good luck on your trip! Just remember, you are making memories, there is no right or wrong! (that's what I tell myself, anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, as a side note, that last picture reminds me of the view from the bedroom of the apartment on Gorham. I have it still. sigh.
    See! Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute boys--and the new haircut makes your youngest look YEARS older! Wow!

    ReplyDelete