Tuesday, April 6, 2010

rainy tuesday morning

hello my peeps,

It's been a while. Spring break is over and it was a good one! Our Wisconsin Dells trip did not disappoint. It's a good group we're with -- great kids, fun parents. I'm so pleased at how well the kids gel. Some extras came and left throughout our stay, but of our core 3 families, mine were the only boys, and, guess what? It was a non-issue. Girls played with boys. Older kids played with younger kids. Lots of lovely interactions all the way around.

And the weather! Fuggetaboutit! Yes, we were at an INDOOR water park, but the kids escaped to the great outdoors one evening to play a spirited game of tag on the grass next to the parking lot. I sat outside on the balcony and read my book. I know! In March! On the way home, we stopped at Devil's Lake for a picnic and wandered up and down the beach, picking up shells and rocks. Then, with windows down, we drove over to Merrimac and took the ferry across. Beautiful weather. Great moods all the way around. Best vacation evah!

And if that wasn't enough good stuff for spring break, we had a cousin sleep-over on Sunday night! Boy cousins, ages 12 and 8, stayed here. They watched the Night at the Museum marathon and slept in a pile on the floor of the family room. In the morning, they played football outside, chased our escapee-doggie, and then piled into the car to go to the Fitchburg dream park. At the park, I ran into a neighbor, who complimented me by saying I am a "great" mom to boys. "Ha! fooled her!" I thought, but I simply replied, "great is an overstatement, but thanks for the kind words."

And so today - back to the routine. It's good to have everyone back in their assigned places. When we drove past Two's school during break, he sighed and wistfully said, "I love my school..." This from the boy who had such anxiety during preschool that I pulled him out. Happy mama here.

Off to do my morning exercises. My appointment with the PT was cancelled on Friday, so tomorrow is the day I get to go in and show off my amazing recovery. Enjoy your Tuesday, and if you're in the area - stay dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment