Wednesday, April 7, 2010

sad news

We've had some sadness chez mooncrawl that I haven't posted about. The sadness hit another peak yesterday. A family member and VERY important person to all of us has recently been diagnosed with cancer, and we feel like we've been hit with a truck since hearing the news. We are awaiting more information to get a complete picture, but our days have certainly been twinged with sadness and worry.

Yesterday, the family news worsened. We found out one of Bob's uncles died unexpectedly at home. Bob had a very unique and fun relationship with this uncle, and while he was closer with him many years ago, Uncle Gary always had a fond place in our hearts. I am sad for everyone, but especially I am sad for Bob's cousin A, who received the news first and was the point person to tell the rest of the family. This is A's first adult experience with the death of someone he was close to, and he seems a bit shaken (understandably). Such a hard thing to experience.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your sad news. I'll be sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teeka, my comments have been messed up today, sorry for all the garbage. I'm sorry about your sad news. I'll be sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, Teresa. :( I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about the load of bad news. Will keep your relative in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry Teresa. Such a difficult time I imagine. Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete