Tuesday, January 26, 2010

monday afternoon fun

Alex to his younger brothers yesterday afternoon:

"we might get a concussion. mom doesn't care. i want mom to learn a lesson."

My boys wanted to have pillow fight yesterday. I said, firmly, no. I wasn't interested in the chaos and crying that would surely follow the pillow fight. They asked to have one in the family room (where I was). I said NO. They asked to have one on my bed (???), I said, "NO!" and followed up with "children don't play on their parents' beds" and wondered why they didn't know that already. Alex then led the crew upstairs to his room for the pillow fight with the above threat.

The good news is that
a. there was no pillow fight, and therefore no concussions, and
b. they worked together to make a fort on the bottom bunk, where they all planned to sleep together last night.

Turns out Enzo didn't sleep in the fort, but Alex and Finn did. They talked and planned and conspired together about something (I think it had to do with the football team they are forming in the neighborhood). It was so sweet hearing them chat that I let it go a little too long and they feel asleep way past bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Love how they try to one-up you. Mine are the same way.

    ReplyDelete