Thursday, July 1, 2010

this week

Kids have totally bogarted my beautiful Mac computer, so I'm left to using this sad, 6 year old laptop that is hanging onto its life by a thread.

As I've inferred in recent posts, life has been wonderfully busy and full. I'm going to attempt to record our recent goings-on as succinctly as possible. This will be a challenge (the succinct piece, not the recording piece).
  • tennis lessons
  • wrestling camp
  • flag rugby
  • playdate and Shrek 3 movie watching with friend for Three
  • boating and tubing for One and Two
  • addressing a nasty case of Two's poison ivy
  • swimming at the Goodman Pool
  • swimming at Bernie's Beach
  • weeding our garden
  • raspberry picking and processing (I made a pie and a delicious batch of chocolate rapsperry sundae topping)
  • swimming birthday party for niece
  • running through the sprinkler
  • rugby exhibition before Mallards baseball game
  • Mallards baseball game

Other than wrestling camp (which was last week), all of that happened THIS WEEK. And it's ONLY THURSDAY. No wonder the kiddos are still in their pjs and zoning out for hours this morning to netflix tv shows.

One is sick today. I'm sure it's part exhaustion and part lingering one-day-fever-bug that Two and Three had last week. We are heading out soon to the beach for a friend's 4 year old b'day party. One may stay home for a bit, or he may bike over to join us. It's kind of fun having a slightly more independent child.

Housework is suffering a bit this summer, which I'm perfectly comfortable with. I've been able to keep up on meals (simple, but balanced) and laundry (folded this moring, thank-you-very-much). Vaccumming, dusting, bathrooms ... well, that'll happen on a rainy day. (or not)

Since I've run these children to the ground, their behaviors have been pretty good. I'm sad it's already July 1. So much more to do this summer, and time keeps on clipping along.

No comments:

Post a Comment