Friday, July 2, 2010

berries, etc

As promised, photos...

Raspberries...

which One faithfully picked...
into this bucket...
and then I turned into my "raspberry delight", which is really chocolate-raspberry sundae topping (quite delish!)...
a raspberry pie! (I prefer the rustic look for my crusts, which is what I tell myself to make my crude crusts look better)
And in a different day this week...

sprinkler time

followed later by a less-than-capacity crowd early at the Mallard's game to watch the ...
flag rugby exhibition!
Post exhibition, enjoying the rewards of a gatorade.
***************
I woke up at 5:30 this morning. I was crowded out of my bed (one husband, one doggy and 2 children made for no room for mama) and I thought, "5:30 isn't so bad. I'll head on downstairs." Headed on downstairs and thought, "gee, it's awfully dark for 5:30," and saw the clock said 4:30. Oh well. Now I've been up for HOURS and have only had a small bit of caffeine.

I sat at this computer at 4:30 and noticed my neighbor's motion light go on. I looked across the yards, wondering what intruder was lurking around her backyard. It was an opossum. Ugly creatures, those are. I am not charmed by them at all.

It's chore day, chez mooncrawl. I realized I sold myself short in yesterday's post about the dirty house. I actually have a method to my madness. I have declared Friday to be chore day, and I gave the kids until 10 am to lounge around before we got to it. They have things to do, I have things to do, and we should be able to get them down well before our park time this afternoon. It's now PAST 10 am - oops - so I need to pry them away from whatever video they are watching and get to it.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you got all your work done! Your berries look so good. So does your pie. My crusts always look bad, but they taste good, so who cares?
    Love how you're making the most of summer.

    ReplyDelete