Monday, June 21, 2010

summertime fun



Hey, it's been a while.

So, the mom-kid camping outing last week was a fun getaway. Can't remember if I mentioned this in my last post, but when preparing for our getaway, Bob asked if I was excited. "Excited is not the verb I would use," I replied. I was anticipating a lot of work and dirt and grit and poor sleeping conditions. Turns out I was right about all of that, but I had forgotten about the good parts too. Roaring campfires, Uno, kids inventing new ways to amuse themselves, the company of other moms (some I knew better than others -- all I enjoyed).

The nights were long and full of raccoon (and other?) noises and, unfortunately, a thunderstorm. We survived it all and have some good stories to tell. The kids are anxious to go camping again, and we moms are plotting our next trip. Mirror Lake, perhaps (a fave spot of my family's when we were growing up). Late August? Ending with a trip to a waterpark in the Dells? We'll see...


hiking up to the observation towers

Two and One at the campsite
our canopy of trees above our site
frolicking in the water fountain
not quite our whole group pictured, but in total there were 4 moms, 12 kids and one (college aged) babysitter

The weekend was great too. We went to the pool both days - lovely, just lovely. We went on a bike ride to the Memorial Union on Saturday for burgers and a beer. We went to the bike store to check out new bikes for me (yikes! so expensive! no new bike for me). We had a fire in our firepit on Saturday night, then later walked down to a neighbor's house to check out the moon in his telescope.

Pictures from our night at the Union:



(hmm, why am I writing in blue, all of a sudden?) Today, we are good-busy. Kids had tennis in the morning (only half rained out). Wrestling this afternoon (Three and I will go to Woodmans while they are there - only one child, just like old times). Rugby this evening. One and Two are playing a game of Uno right now. I'm about to finish laundry and clean bathrooms. This summer thing is working out alright!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun on your trip!
    I need to kick some tail around here--we've been playing too much and not doing enough of our work!

    ReplyDelete