Friday, December 18, 2009

new day, new attitude

Fresh perspective on life today. Thanks for your sweet concern, Stephanie and Jessica. The tea and cookie frosting sort of helped - not really, though. What DID help was watching my boys at their wrestling class (they love it so and always look over for my reaction when they do a good move - makes me feel so good that they still want mama-love) and then going to my Bunko group. Actually, on the way to Bunko I was thinking, "I'm not really into this tonight. Maybe I'll scoot out early with an excuse of a headache or something." And then I had a glass on wine. And, then one more. And, ahhhhhhh... Some good laughs and all was better in my world.

Then, after Bunko, I drove past your house, Jessica, and that made me happy too. Because, at 11 pm, your lights were on and it looked very warm and cozy and ALIVE in there. I smiled at the thought of you and David, up late together, enjoying some wine and watching a good show together.

Today will be a fun day for me -- which also helps the attitude. My old, old friend whom I have the most fun with in the world is having her annual holiday luncheon. This party has been many sizes and types, but lately (and this year), it's my favorite size. 8 of us, eating way too much, drinking even more, getting very silly in the middle of the day. This is certainly one of my favorite days in the year. Bob will come home early, and I'll head over around noon. I promised to bring a little appy, so I'm off to the kitchen to create!

Here's to a happy day for us all!

1 comment:

  1. You make me smile so much Teresa! Hope you had a terrific rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete