Wednesday, September 29, 2010

biking to Obama





The boys and I biked to the Obama rally yesterday on the UW Madison campus.  It was about 3.5 miles round trip, and Three insisted on biking the entire way on his big wheel.  And he made it.  I had the trailer on the back of bike for a back-up sag wagon, but it was never used.


We saw Air Force One and military helicopters in the air above us, but no motorcade.  I worked my mojo with the police department and figured out where to stand to see the motorcade  (anywhere along Langdon Street, as it turned out), but we had to leave before the Prez rolled on through to get to football practice for One on time.  


I took this video while biking, so it's choppy and uneven, much like me (hahaha).   The line of people waiting to go through security snaked over a mile down University Avenue.  Even though we saw no one "important", I'm so glad I forced my kids to do this (you'll see their enthusiasm in the video).  It was cool to see the hoopla and to be that close to so much excitement.


In other news, I got a haircut yesterday.  I'll post pictures and give more information later.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome that you did that with your kids! And YAY for your little guy to be able to bike the distance. Wow!

    ReplyDelete