Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 7

Well hey there stranger,

Yup, I've been absent from this here blog lately.  We are in the throws of some major changes at work, and it is making me exhausted and a bit cranky at the end of the day.  And, no one wants to read a cranky blog.  I had a very bad meeting last week (felt terribly insulted by my new supervisor) and I am digging deep to find the will to move past it.  But it is hard.  I had a one-on-one meeting with her today, and I spent most of my time chewing her out in my head.  I'm feeling very tight around her, and I don't like it.  I need to move on.  Digging deep.  Digging still.

Moving on...  I am implementing a brand new parenting strategy around here.  Boy One and Two have been bickering all afternoon (the entire 1 hour that they have been home).  What's new.  So, I am making them take the dog for a walk around the block every time they complain about each other.  "Uh oh, looks like you need more time to figure out how to be good brothers together.  Why don't you take another walk!" I cheerily suggest.  After only 2 walks, the tide turned and they went across the street the play basketball at our neighbor's hoop.

I'm going in interrupt myself here.  I just love the fact that my neighbors', whose children are all adults now, have kept up their basketball hoop and have invited my children to play there.  My kids frequently are over there playing, and they bring their friends over also.  I need to bake some cookies soon and bring them over as a thank you.  Such sweet neighbors I have.

Back to the children.  Well, that didn't last.  They just came in and added to their litany.  I suggested another walk or a joint effort of cleaning a room together.  They came up with the idea of heading down to the school to play basketball there with a neighborhood friend.  I told them I'd swing by in about 30 minutes on my way to get their youngest brother (who is thataways on an after school playdate) and One said, "No!  We need longer to bond!"  Yes, I get it that I'm being suckered, but if it gets them out of the house for a while, I'll take it.

I have more to add - so much more - but not now.  I am considering cracking open a beer and enjoying the silence of my house.  Is 4:14 pm too early to drink alone?

Back soon (I hope).

2 comments:

  1. Nope. 4:14 is the perfect time to do that.
    I think your plan is good--stick with it!
    Fighting boys can be such a headache. And so can irritating co-workers/supervisors. I hope you get that sorted out so you can breathe better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had that beer. 4:14 is a perfect time for one.

    Hope we can have one soon. I also hope things are smoother with your new supervisor. :/

    ReplyDelete