Thursday, December 8, 2011

raw

missing this space here.

life has been busy.
good busy and not-so-good busy too.
we were in NYC for thanksgiving week.
that was good busy.
we ended up doing all free things all week long - at first by accident, later on purpose.
someday, I may even get a chance to post a picture or tell you what we did.

we are all decorated here.
lovely tree purchased at a fundraiser for the forestry association on UW Campus.
we got there with only 4 trees left, so we got a d-e-a-l.
I've always wanted a frasier fir but have always been too cheap to get one.
well, this year, we have one
for $20.
it's beautiful.
maybe I'll take a picture of it at some point to post it here.

I went fishing for a new job (one with benefits)
and ended up getting a permanent offer at my current place,
still part-time but with benefits.
exactly what I wanted.
Now, however, the place has seemed a little crazy.
I find myself having twinges of buyer's remorse.

I feel like I'm working a lot and I'm missing parts of my old life.
you know, the one where I baked bread
and made soap
and went to the library
and read books
and had a clean house
and listened to NPR
and cooked varied, well-balanced meals.
tonight?
Pizza Hut.
sigh...
no picture needed of that.

*****

after a calm period, things seem to be heating up again with One and his anxieties.
I am again relieved to be with a competent therapist who can guide us through this.
but still,
I yearn for perspective.
I want to know that it will all be all right,
that we will get through this,
maybe not as we thought we would,
we may be a bit broken in places,
but stronger in other ways too.
I am grateful to be on this journey with Bob.
despite our flaws individually,
and as a couple,
no one loves our boys like we do,
and I'm thankful to have him.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with One.
    I'm at a crossroads and I think I'm frozen in place because I'm scared of buyer's remorse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you and your words...so good to hear from you. Thinking of One and happy you got your benefits! I can understand about missing the other ones, though. I got your card today and LOVED that word cloud on the back. SUCH a good idea, Teresa!! I would love to get together. Maybe a January weekend breakfast?? Or afternoon at the museum? Have a good and warm weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. T, re-read this blog entry to yourself,and to Robert, every once in a while. One will work through childhood, we all did, but he has the two of you for examples so his journey will be smoother because of the love, and levelheadedness he see`s in his parents. Also,it will remind both of you of the bond you have forged through the years. Don`t let anything upset that. More advice from an old idiot that couldn`t make it work for himself!

    ReplyDelete